FSO 2.6.28 usage report

Stefan Schmidt stefan at openmoko.org
Mon Jan 12 13:14:59 CET 2009

Hello.

As you guys know FSO likes to life at the bleeding edge so we want to fully
support .28 in our MS5 release scheduled for the end of this month.

We use the andy-tracking branch and there commit
34240a1c06ae36180dee695aa25bbae869b2aa26 as this one has proven to have working
suspend and resume and other features working.

Our userspace is working with all the new sysfs pathes. So far so good.

But we also have a list of things that we would like to see fixed now that it is
working good enough as a base for releases.

rxerr on GPS serial port:
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2180
No reaction so far.

Kernel oops when recording audio:
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2179
Initial reaction but dead since then.

Threshold for accels. We finally like to ship the great accel gesture
application from our GSoC student, but it would only be really useful if we
could set a threshold instead of parsing data all the time and burn cpu.

Small note. The more drivers defconfig produces an image that is to big for the
default uboot env. As we don't want to support 100s people changing the uboot
env we make the config more modular in OE.

For GTA01 we still use 2.6.24 and will test from time to time how far the .28
support is there.

regards
Stefan Schmidt