GSM support on freerunner

Michael Trimarchi trimarchi at
Tue Jan 13 15:42:33 CET 2009

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Tuesday 13 January 2009 15:20:57 schrieb Michael Trimarchi:
>> Hi,
>> Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
>>> Why would you want to do that? Isn't Android having its own GSM stack?
>> Look at the code:
>> hardware/ril/libril/<libgsmmux-moko>.c
> Where is that code?
The android "gsmd part" is under hardware/ril/ directory (in the android
project) and
in this directory you can find:

rild directory
reference-ril directory

If you want to talk to the gsm chip using a serial device you have an
in reference-ril directory (the at command are send using the atchannel
The reference-ril not fit extactly with the freerunner hardware. So the
idea is to create
a new part that support the freerunner using the code implemented in the
project. It is clear now or am I missing something?