Isn't Wifi supposed to be off by default?

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu Jan 15 19:05:06 CET 2009

c_c wrote:
> Hi again!
>   Well, I can't figure this one out. What loads the ar6000 module on resume?
> Even after I unload the module (rmmod) manually and suspend, the module is
> loaded up on resume. Where is this happening ? I think I'm missing something
> pretty obvious here ;-)

Also older andy-tracking was doing this if I dont recall wrong.
BTW I figure that the kernel should reload the module ONLY if it was
loaded before suspending... So it will be easier to continue the
connection session.

As stated in previous mails, I guess that we should also add a /sys
parameter (false, by default) that might allow not to unload the module
before suspending, allowing the wifi to stay up while the phone is
sleeping (for allowing things like WOW).

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/