New Android Phone.apk

Gothnet openmoko at
Fri Jan 16 12:37:03 CET 2009

Michael Trimarchi wrote:
> Hi all,
> starting from Marco Trevisan Work, I made some ack to the Phone.apk. Now
> it is possible to close
> call with the touchscreen.
> We post the code later. The Phone.apk can be found in the forum.
> If sometimes the gsm does't register your network is a reset problem of
> the gsm. You must restart the
> rild process by kill it. I will start to change the rild process to use
> and external script to reset
> hardware.
> Michael

Hi there,

I'll try this tonight. I have been suffering from the non-registration thing
so any progress on that is good. Is this issue one where the phone just
doesn't register at all, from boot onwards?

Also - tried your kernel and rootfs last night, quick review -
Responsive interface
Could scan wifi networks

Couldn't enter network key (I know, the keyboard is below the dialogue, not
a huge problem).

Thanks for your work on this, I'm looking forward to android being fully
functional on FR someday.
Sent from the Openmoko Kernel mailing list archive at