New Android Phone.apk

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Sat Jan 17 17:54:45 CET 2009

Hi again, please ignore last email, problem seems to have cured itself...

My verdict has now changed from "Quietly hopeful" to "Holy Moley!
Impressive!"

I've had a play with it and managed to get wifi scanning and connecting only
remaining problem I can see there is there's no way to enter a network key,
so I opened my network for a while. I'm sure there's a command-line way to
get past this, but I'll wait for now.

I got email up and talking to my home mail server, excellent. Web browsing
also works.

GPS now switches on  fine and, using AndNav 2 I was able to get a
near-instant fix and my location displayed on a map.

I've been able to make and receive calls without resorting to the keyboard.

Wow!

Only negative so far is the network key entry thing. Haven't really played
around with suspend/resume or bluetooth.

Otherwise it looks  like I might be able to start using my FR as a daily
phone again soon, and for all sorts of other things. This is great :)

Does GPRS work, and if so, how?