Isn't Wifi supposed to be off by default?

c_c cchandel at
Sun Jan 18 03:53:46 CET 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> At the moment, you have to echo 1 first, then echo 0. But that'll
> change soonish and then a plain and simple 0 will work ...
 Thanks. So to summarise
 a) to turn off WLAN and minimise power consumption we need to either not
insert the modules (ar6000.ko and s3cmci.ko), or modprobe -r them. Another
option would be to unbind s3c2440-sdi by cd
/sys/bus/platform/drivers/s3c2440-sdi and echo s3c2440-sdi >unbind.

 b) to turn off bluetooth we would need to echo 0

 c) to turn ogg gps we would need to first
         echo 1 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron
    and then
         echo 0 >/sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gps.0/pwron  (for now)

 Ok. I think this should go on the wiki too.
Sent from the Openmoko Kernel mailing list archive at