Android mailing list?

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 03:06:02 CET 2009

Hi,

Gothnet wrote:

> WLAN seems to need you to go in using adb shell to create a
> /data/misc/wifi directory.

OK. Done that. Will try this out and post. Dont we / Can't we have a wiki
page that tells all?

Gothnet wrote:

> GPS is activated from the location settings, and to test try AndNav2.

OK. Installed AndNav2 from android-dls. Will test this too.

Gothnet wrote:

> change the mount point from mmcblk0 to mmcblk0p1.

 Have already done that since I'm booting from the SD Card. That's required
though :-)

Gothnet wrote:

>  Just did this one - go to contacts, hit the power button for the menu,
> hit "import contacts from SIM", wait for some time whilst it reads them,
> hit the menu again and select "import all".

This doesn't work for me. When I hit "import from sim card" I get a message
saying no contacts on your sim card. Pressing the power button at that point
just gets me the Keyboard button.

 Also - I seem to be consuming 1/8th more power as in FSO during suspend.
(about 12% in 7 hrs in Andriod as compared to 12% in 8 hrs in FSO) The
init.rc script switches on both GSM and GPS. Is that the cause? Does GPS
need to be on from init? Doesn't the Enable GPS Satellites switch on GPS?

 In addition to all this - can't we have some option of installing adition
libraries to plat mp3/ogg etc?
Also - Alarm doesn't work for me. I can add a new alarm - but selecting the
alarm gets me back to the main alarm screen.

 I think we need a wiki page that describes all this in one place.

 Thanks for all the effort guys. Android seems to be getting to a stage
where it's a viable distribution - especially for all those who need
something that looks polished, has all the basic apps, has more available
online, need to get their phone 'just' working and don't really want to go
through with all the text console stuff to get this much. Like my Wife ;-)