2.6.29-rc2 rebase in git

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Jan 27 21:44:38 CET 2009

Andy Green wrote:
> ~ Hopefully this way of rebasing just of the upstream patch changes first
> before the whole upstream rebase will remove the giant painful sting.

Yup, that sounds good. Also, syncing often will ease the pain. You
can never completely avoid conflicts, but you have at least a chance
to keep them small and you don't end up having to merge an entire
alien civilization that has evolved out of nothingness while you
were looking elsewhere. At least not very often ;-)

> So I added a patch to add them to the tree instead under Balaji's
> name, since they're his files.

Perfect. Now it builds without hacks. Thanks !