How to build Kexec for Freerunner?

HackCandy hackhell.candy at
Wed Jan 28 18:02:30 CET 2009

Hi Timo,

Can you please provide me some guidance or
pointers on bitbake and cross compile?
Also, Will that not be possible in the way I did?
./configure --host arm-angstorm-linux-gnueabi
set-env of openmoko toolchain
make install
and place the binary in device?

Please help.

- HHC.

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> HackCandy <hackhell.candy at> writes:
>> apt-get --build source kexec-tools
>> in the device or in the PC?
> On both qemu and the real device (should not make a difference).
>> I am unable to do that in the device:
>> root at om-gta02:~# apt-get --build source kexec-tools
>> -sh: apt-get: not found
> Yeah apt-get is debian stuff, om2008.12 does not have a package
> manager that can compile things afaik since you are supposed to use
> bitbake and cross-compile.

Sent from the Openmoko Kernel mailing list archive at