Touchscreen filters in andy-tracking...

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu Jan 29 04:20:03 CET 2009

Nelson Castillo wrote:
> Marco, can you test with touch_test.py to check if you clicks/double
> clicks are OK?

I've tested the latest kernel that andy linked me with the
touch_test.py... Well, clicks and double-clicks seems to work if they're
not so close.
The main usability problem (that, sorry, I can just verify when typing
with the on-screen keyboard) happens when I do soft and quick clicks in
a small region (i.e. type with quickly with your tumbstone a word like
"poi", "www", "sad"... I generally get only some of the chars written
[for a 3-chars word, generally I get only two - the first and the last
one]).

It seems that the first click is sent correctly, but then the release
event is not given properly (so practically, in the test above it's sent
when I type the second char that is obliviously ignored).

Btw let me us know better what I should verify with touch_test.py since
I only can reproduce the behavior I've experienced with the keyboard
(and also that if I do many quick soft clicks in the bottom of the
screen, it happens that some clicks are sent to the middle of the screen
- maybe we could avoid this by blocking too-rapid-clicks that are
too-far-from the previous :P)

Bye!

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux