Touchscreen filters in andy-tracking...

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu Jan 29 17:42:17 CET 2009

Nelson Castillo wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 3:06 AM, Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It seems that the first click is sent correctly, but then the release
>>> event is not given properly (so practically, in the test above it's sent
>>> when I type the second char that is obliviously ignored).
>> Yes, it can happen if the second click happens in less than 60
>> milliseconds. Are you that fast? The illume keyboard also has some
>> inertia and this can make things worse => I could reproduce your
>
> Marco, this kernel has a very small patch [1] that I think fixes the issue.
>
> I tested using the terminal mode of the illume keyboard. I hope you
> can let us know if this works better for you.

Oh, you made it! :)
Finally I can write like before and no chars are missed (I hope, better
- with less touch screen errors :P).

Just another thing... I've read somewhere that in this implementation
you don't consider the finger pressure, is this true (i.e. have I
understood correctly)?
Couldn't it be used for improving the precision (always thinking to the
writing action, when you use your thumbstone, generally you cover a
quite large area of the touchscreen, but the power is concentrated on a
smaller area [that isn't always the center of the covered area])...

However many thanks for your work, the fact that an one-line patch
improved the usability underlines the bounty of your complete patchset ;)

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/