Touchscreen filters in andy-tracking...

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 18:15:49 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 18:03, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> I gave Nelson the patch and a pointer to a PDF from TI that explained
> the trick and computation needed, but even if we got it working I'm not
> sure how much we can exploit the extra info.

Maybe such area information may be enough to to do some kind of 2
fingers zooming ?
-> increasing/decreasing global pressure area... (and only relative
info is needed, so non normalization across the screen is not a big
problem)

I guess it cannot tell between horizontal rectangle area and vertical
? (rotation of 2 fingers).
But anyway it would be much more difficult to implement rotation this
way, with enough precision.