Openmoko Bug #2215: distros using fso-gsm0710muxd will not register

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sat Jan 31 04:10:15 CET 2009

#2215: distros using fso-gsm0710muxd will not register
 Reporter:  BillK            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:  gsm0710muxd GSM modem
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:  always

Comment(by mickey):

 No serial expert either, but let me add to the mystery. My device works
 perfectly with gsm0710muxd although stty -F /dev/ttySAC0 emits the same
 parameters as your nonworking one.

 I can't find a way to enable the line 0 discipline (tried with ioctl
 TIOCSETD) or change rows/columns here either.

 Could this be some race in the kernel?