Openmoko Bug #2217: Noise screen of death: Freerunner looses SDIO connection

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sat Jan 31 20:56:02 CET 2009

#2217: Noise screen of death: Freerunner looses SDIO connection
 Reporter:  xbaldauf         |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:
 Severity:  major            |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:

Comment(by andy):

 That's good news, but I can't find sources for that kernel, git.shr- doesn't seem to have it, so I can't confirm what it actually
 is in there.  I guess it's a backport of cherrypicked patches to a build
 just before the 2.6.29-rc2 uplevel, if it pays any attention to
 glamo3362.slow_memory=1 then it must have the patch.

 It'll be very handy if we found the tap to turn the problem off for Glamo
 chips that can't handle the faster bus speed.

 We're still trying to figure out the audio issue on 2.6.29-rc2, seems it's
 due to Alsa changes upstream at the minute.