Status of upstream inclusion

Nelson Castillo arhuaco at
Thu Jul 2 21:31:48 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Sveinung
Kvilhaugsvik<sveinung84 at> wrote:
> Hi!
>> Ben sent all the patches and the basic support is already upstream.
>> I don't know if it boots but I should be testing soon. At least it compiles :-)
> I can't find the support for the s3c2442b[1] in Linus tree[2][3]. Is
> it still needed in order to get Linux to boot on a Freerunner or was
> something else done instead? In case it is: Am I correct to assume
> that it won't show up in Linus tree until the next merge window?
> Footnotes:
> 1.
> 2.
> 3.;a=blob;f=arch/arm/plat-s3c24xx/cpu.c/plat-s3c24xx/cpu.c;h=1932b7e0da15cd878f1579bc24be869c90c6c9a5;hb=HEAD#l63

Oh. Thanks for noticing it!

I applied 1 and it still doesn't boot. The current status is that a
lot of things are built for s3c2410. By reading a reply from Ben I
think he suggested that someday in the future we might build for 2442b

As you implicitly suggest the next step is to check what patches we
need to make things work and check where they are in the submission

(I didn't read 3 carefully now, I'll check this issue later).