Upstream kernel submission was: OpenWrt on your Neo - some updates...

Lars-Peter Clausen lars at metafoo.de
Wed Jul 8 13:25:44 CEST 2009

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 07.07.2009, 19:04 +0200 schrieb Lars-Peter Clausen:
>
>> We also did a lot of cleanup and stability fixes to openmoko specific
>> device drivers, I certainly want to submit my changes but I'm not sure
>> if they will get accepted as some are basically complete rewrites and
>> also get rid of conceptually broken sysfs entries.
>>

> -v please :)

For example the jbt6k74 driver had one internal state variable
containing both resolution and power mode. So if you wanted to suspend
the driver you had to remember which resolution it has. And on resume
switch back to that resolution. This state was exported through sysfs.
But losing the resolution when changing power mode, is in my opinion a
bad design. So I got rid of it and with it the sys entry.

Also there are some drivers which have mostly been rewritten and
producing a clean patch set for them will probably require quite some
work and time which I currently don't have.

- Lars