Upstream kernel submission - U-Boot

Rask Ingemann Lambertsen ccc94453 at vip.cybercity.dk
Fri Jul 24 16:13:52 CEST 2009

On Tue, Jul 07, 2009 at 09:45:09AM +0200, Marc Andre Tanner wrote:

> As for the "official" kernel from the openmoko git, is there a plan to
> rebase it to 2.6.30?

   I'd like to, but I'm a noob when it comes to git and not finding much in
the way of tutorials showing how to using it with projects such as the
linux kernel. So I've started with U-Boot instead, hoping it's easier:

$ git clone --no-checkout git://git.openmoko.org/git/u-boot.git u-boot

# A remote named "origin" now points to Openmoko's U-Boot repository

$ cd u-boot
$ git checkout -b stable-for-denx remotes/origin/stable

$ git remote add -m master -f denx git://git.denx.de/u-boot.git
$ git rebase remotes/denx/master
First, rewinding head to replay your work on top of it...
Applying: uboot-mokoversion.patch
error: patch failed: tools/setlocalversion:23
error: tools/setlocalversion: patch does not apply
Using index info to reconstruct a base tree...
Falling back to patching base and 3-way merge...
Auto-merging tools/setlocalversion
CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in tools/setlocalversion
Failed to merge in the changes.
Patch failed at 0001 uboot-mokoversion.patch

When you have resolved this problem run "git rebase --continue".
If you would prefer to skip this patch, instead run "git rebase --skip".
To restore the original branch and stop rebasing run "git rebase --abort".

$ gedit 2>/dev/null >/dev/null tools/setlocalversion &
[1] 5206
$ git rebase --skip

   I'll report back on the success or failure of this rebase.

--
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen