Proposal for further openmoko kernel development

Michael Trimarchi trimarchi at
Wed Jul 29 09:42:55 CEST 2009

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Lars-Peter Clausen wrote:
>> With the upcoming 2.6.31 kernel release basic support for the
>> freerunner as finally reached upstream.
> [...]
>> What does this mean for the
>> community and distributions?
> Party !!! ;-)
>> Currently we have andy-tracking which is based on 2.6.29-rc3. And in
>> my opinion andy-tracking is in a very bad shape,
> Agreed.
A git rebase is necessary and the android stuff can be moved on a
different branch or tree.
I can manage the change on that tree and follow the discussion around
the suspend_lock.

>> several subtrees for each driver. On top of that would be two
>> machine trees and maybe one for s3c specific patches. The machine
>> specific trees would  then regularly merge those driver trees they
>> need.
> Hmm, this sounds like a lot of trees with a lot of merging going
> on between them.
I prefer one tree with the specific driver of the freerunnurer