How to use Glamo interrupts

Andreas Pokorny andreas.pokorny at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:58:17 CEST 2009

Hello,

Thank you for your help. We just discovered that the "waits" we had in
drm-tracking are not really necessary. So right now we do not need the
interrupt to update the write pointer. Hopefully I will have a debug
board next time I work on that part.

2009/6/6 Michael Trimarchi <trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it>:
> What happen if you ack this irq and you take no lock on cmdq_irq, then arrive another
> one and you don't mask and mark it pending.

Yes I should have disabled the interrupt...

> [...]
>>
>>        glamo_enable_cmdq_irq(gdrm);
>>

> I suppose that here you will do an unmask of the interrupt.

Yes.

>> [...]
>>        spin_unlock_irqrestore( &gdrm->new_ring_write_lock, flags );
>>
>>        /* We try to make the irq happen somehow :( */
>>        printk(KERN_INFO "[glamo-drm] enabling...\n");
>>        glamo_enable_cmdq_irq(gdrm);
>>

> The interrupt is not just umask? So way unmask it again?
> If you want and interrupt at each new command in the buffer why you don't
> mask
> it and ack?

After several trial&error iteratons we had the impression that the
glamo chip needs to
be told again that the IRQ for the CMDQ should be triggered..