Proposal to send GSM sysfs patches on stable

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Mon Mar 2 14:38:20 CET 2009

Andy Green <andy at> writes:
> I have an idea though, what do you guys do about the U-Boot mkudfu
> content?  Is there anything in there we can use to make a decision about
> in Qi's GTA02 code as to how to leave the UARTs?  Eg, kernel
> revision?

I think we can append arbitrary amount of data to the bin image before
dfu footer. But it looks to me as a complex solution to a non-existant
problem: why should anyone care about those distros that want to
maintain a kernel fork, but don't want to maintain a Qi fork (and
don't require users to use u-boot) or implement a simple workaround in

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at