Freerunner and netconsole

Sven Rebhan odinshorse at
Tue Mar 3 13:15:03 CET 2009

Hello everybody,

hs someone sucessfully tested netconsole with the Freerunner?
It would be a nice-to-have thing for people who want to play around
with the kernel and don't own a Debug board (like me). I already
tested the console, but didn't get a single char out of usb0 on my
host side...

Background: I wanted to test the "proposed" kernel which boots (I can
see it mounts / over NFS) but I can't get a ssh connection, even
though usb0 responds to ping. The problem is that without a console I
won't get any info what goes wrong. ;-) I'm currenlty using uboot,
dfu-uploaded kernel placed in RAM and a NFS-root and I'm willing to

Best regards,