SDIO WiFi Driver Development Questions

dongas dongas86 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 11:21:25 CET 2009

Dear Werner,

Thanks a lot for your kindly reply.

I was told by the card verdor that the card i used is based on
firmware version 1.1.
And it is said the ar6000 driver in opensource sdio stack is workable
for this card.

I wonder if the ar6000 driver in OpenMoko is useful for card with firmware 1.1.
If not,i could ask the vendor to get a card based on firmware 2.0.

As you suggested, it's a good way that try to reuse the ar6000 driver
code of Moko to save much time.
I guess sdio function driver should has no dependence on hcd driver in
standard sdio stack, right?
Do you know that whether the ar6000 driver in your 2.6.29 kernel can
also work in 2.6.25 kernel?

However, i still need to develop the hcd driver for our board based on
the new sdio stack in linux mainline kernel 2.6.25.
Formerly, i developped hcd with the reference of Moko's hcd
driver(2.6.24) which seems also based on an Anteros customed sdio
stack, rather than the mainline kernel sdio stack.
Can you share me some experience on how to do that or any other useful
documents as well?
Is there any big diference on developping hcd driver between standard
sdio stack and Atheros customed sdio stack?

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Dongas