wifi suspemd/resume

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Wed Mar 4 17:01:31 CET 2009

Michael Trimarchi wrote:
> I have some trouble with the wifi. When It goes to suspend It can
> associate again to a
> network
>
> My git is here d6c1cb120658f5e50c6ee676202fce5275ec54c5
>
> If I unbind and rebind the association works again. Any idea?
> Do I miss somenthing?

What's exactly the problem you have? That you can't re-associate without
suspending/resuming unbinding/rebinding? If so, well it's quite normal.

With 2.6.24 kernel you needed to use wmiconfig and pass to the card some
on/off settings to be able to reassociate to another network; with the
2.6.28+ you have only to perform the mentioned operations to workaround
the card issues in re-associating with new APs.

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/