wifi suspemd/resume

Michael Trimarchi trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it
Wed Mar 4 17:36:35 CET 2009

Hi,

Werner Almesberger wrote:
> Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>> If I unbind and rebind the association works again. Any idea?
>> Do I miss somenthing?
>
> Suspend does the equivalent of an unbind and resume does the equivalent
> of a bind, so you should be able to set things up from a clean slate.

Yes I take a look at the hif2 code and the comment on the suspend
procedure and
I know that the procedure are the same.
> I suppose you know that you have to set ESSID, keys, etc., after
> resume ? (Unless you set the "persist" option.)
The network is disconnected and I retry to connect again sendig the
association
parameter using the wpa_cli -> wext_driver interface.
The big different is that when I switch off the interface using the graphic
I restart the wpa_supplicant, so it is possible the the supplicant has
an one invalid state.
Ok I will do more test on thanks

> - Werner

Michael