[android] no usb connexion with QI

Marcelo marcelo.magallon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 04:55:01 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 7:48 PM, Cédric Berger <cedric.berger74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Exact, if I boot via u-boot (NOR or NAND, as I just tried reflashing
> latest uboot), interface is usb0.  With Qi, it is eth2.
>
> As I said, it is with android from
> http://panicking.kicks-ass.org/download/ version v14.3 and also latest
> cupcake. I tested this with kernel uImage-V13 and V12

 I meant which distribution is running on the machine on the other end
 of the USB cable :-)

 I guess I know what's going on...

 Can you please boot with u-boot and send the contents of /proc/cmdline
 please?  And also the output of "ifconfig -a" on the host (the PC, not
 the FreeRunner).  And if you can do the same with Qi that'd be awesome.

 My hunch is that the MAC address is changing.  In the particular case
 of network interfaces the persistant device names assigned by udev are
 based on the MAC address, but that should be the MAC address on the
 host side, not on the FreeRunner side.  I'm not clear _why_ the MAC
 address changes (or if the MAC address of the FreeRunner is relevant
 for this particular case), but that's my current educated guess...

 Marcelo