Openmoko Bug #2209: alsactl restore wakes up X

Openmoko Public Trac bugs at
Sun Mar 8 15:55:58 CET 2009

#2209: alsactl restore wakes up X
 Reporter:  lindi            |          Owner:  openmoko-kernel
     Type:  defect           |         Status:  new
Component:  System Software  |        Version:
 Severity:  normal           |       Keywords:
 Haspatch:  0                |      Blockedby:
Estimated:                   |    Patchreview:
 Blocking:                   |   Reproducible:

Comment(by andy):

 I think to wake up framebuffer, something is likely generating an input

 The two things floating around we generate input events for there are
 headphone and HOLD.

 I wonder if when we select the Capture action, we power MICBIAS, and we
 see a HOLD event or by another path headphone event.

 You can confirm it by hexdumping the appropriate /dev/input/event and then
 doing the alsamixer.