why does not the kernel build script work?

Ruini Xue xueruini at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 14:49:02 CET 2009

Hi,

  I am tring to build the kernel (for gta02 specifically). It
successes by following the instructions here:

   http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Kernel

 but when I follow another page (this is for gta02!!!):

    http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Howto_compile_Openmoko_kernel_for_Neo_Freerunner

after copying the arch/arm/configs/gta02_xxxx_.defconfig and type
./build-kernel.sh, it always asks me to do something like "make
config":

############ log msg ####
xrn at aerolab:~/openmoko/linux-2.6$ ./build-kernel.sh
  HOSTCC  scripts/basic/fixdep
  .... stripped
  HOSTLD  scripts/kconfig/conf
scripts/kconfig/conf -s arch/x86/Kconfig
*
* Restart config...
*
*
* Processor type and features
*
.... stripped

What's the problem and are there significant differences between these
two build methods?

Best

-- ruini