kexec on freerunner

Ruini Xue xueruini at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 02:27:34 CET 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:56 AM, Stefan Monnier
<monnier at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> I don't know of any pre-built system for the FreeRunner that's based
>> on uClibc. I think OE can create such a system for you if you ask
>> nicely. (Perhaps an OE guru provide a more helpful answer for this.)
>
> OpenWRT can probably do it as well.

As for my initial goal, the small linux would do some wifi-connection
tricks, so one possible way is to include wifi tools in initramfs and
embed it in to the kernel. And the kernel image should keep small
(<2M), otherwise u-boot can not load it. There is a piece of command
helping uboot to load big kernel (Android_for_FreeRunner wiki), we
flash these commands to uboot_env, and try to load the kernel compiled
with gta02_moredrivers_xxx, unfortunately,  it fails.

So, I want know does u-boot support out-kernel initrd? if so, where
should I put initrd.cpio.gz and how to configure uboot_env? If not,
how to create a new partition in NAND in order put another rootfs for
the small linux?

btw,  I do not know how to pass cmdline to Qi as uboot_env for u-boot.
As for its wiki, Qi deduces cmdline by itself?

Thanks in advance!

-- ruini