kernel patch/repository status

Sven Rebhan odinshorse at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:06:56 CET 2009

2009/3/26 Nelson Castillo <nelsoneci at gmail.com>:
> We should send the patch to linux-arm-kernel. It's small enough. I'll
> do it very soon.

That's really good to hear! Thank you very much. There is still one
thing I wanted to look at, but didn't have the time so far: In the
mach-gta02 file there are still routines to set the backlight. Maybe
we should remove them for submitting the stuff to linux-arm!?

Another thing is, that when I try to boot the "proposed branch"
kernel, the boot process seems to hang during the init process. I can
ping the FR and I also see that the rootfs is mounted via NFS, but it
never gets to the point where sshd starts up. I already discussed the
issue with Andy here:
http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2414788 Any ideas?

  Sven