kernel patch/repository status

Sven Rebhan odinshorse at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 26 17:42:51 CET 2009

2009/3/26 Michael 'Mickey' Lauer <mickey at vanille-media.de>:
> Good question. Let me extend this question from a slightly different --
> possibly heretic on this mailing list -- point of view... when can we stop
> tracking upstream?

My answer would be: when all the code _is_ upstream. ;-)

But as one of the guys trying to port and maintain Gentoo on that
phone I think we should ease the life of distribution maintainers and
have a backport stable (even though I can imagine this might not
happen as the manpower seems to be low with regard to the workload).

Sven