GSM call during suspend

Michael Trimarchi trimarchi at gandalf.sssup.it
Fri Mar 27 17:41:39 CET 2009

Hi all,

I will start to write and test some code for avoid suspend of dac during
GSM call,
I think that it can be possibile. There are two possible approch:

- automatically, when the path is on to the GSM
- manually with an attribute exported to the sysfs

I would like to avoid a modification to the wm8753.c file and maybe it
is possible to
overwrite the suspend and resume call, and call the oldone only if the
call is not active.

This change can be done at linux-power level adding a global attribute
like wakeup and call
it suspend for all the devices but this is another story.

Android can use this feature when the user made a long call the cpu can
be swithed off (the resume
time is short, about ~1 second). What do you think about it?

Michael