AR6000 netif_queue_stop non stop, Bug?

Ivan Petrov ivan_p at hotbox.ru
Tue Mar 31 16:46:09 CEST 2009

Dear Werner,

> Ivan Petrov wrote:
>>> In my opinion, this is in fact something the AR6k shouldn't do - at
>>> least not on Linux.

No turn, attention...
I addle to big evening mails traffic, and put answer not in this mail.

>> By the way, please take time to read Documentation/SubmittingPatches
>>
>> Your patch didn't have a signed-off-by line, wasn't preceded by
>> a description, and was based on "drivers", not the top-level
>> directory.
> I try be improve on future.

It's right.

> By the way, this wasn't meant as a criticism of your work (which
> I think is great), but as a comment on the design problems in
> Atheros' AR6000 subsystem (driver and also firmware).

About this... After work, I will prepare patch (from my experemental src),
for testing queue reducted to 1 item. I'am already sent it to Dongas for
testing few days ago,
And try comment additional ussage advantages on hif2 (present to much fast
reaction).

--
Regards, Ivan.