[RFC AR6000 patch V3] Set hardware unavailable during wext_ioctl when the suspend or rfkill is send

Werner Almesberger werner at openmoko.org
Tue Mar 31 17:21:27 CEST 2009

I wrote:
> Let me see if we can't just get the interface removed before the
> stuff underneath it goes away. This seems to be the real problem
> after all.

See the RFC patch I just posted, which moves most of the code from
ar6000_destroy into ar6000_close. I tortured it a bit with a rfkill
loop vs. iwlist scan and then ping -f vs. rfkill, and it didn't
crash.

Still needs testing against all the other mechanisms of destruction,
and ttcp instead of ping.