Great news: CPU ID of S3C2442B now upstreams

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at
Sun Nov 8 16:52:51 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 08, 2009 at 04:48:11PM +0100, Sveinung Kvilhaugsvik wrote:
> > I just tested. It boots with this config:
> Great! To all who made this possible: thank you. I think this is big
> enough news that it should go into Community Updates so I wrote an
> item at
> If anyone wants to improve it (for example fixing my English) feel
> free to do it.
> > I could log in via serial console (debug board) and also using ssh.
> Was it slow on you? I cross compiled 2.6.32-rc6 with your config,
> booted it it and logged in over ssh. Sometimes I would write commands
> and my typing would not show up on the screen before seconds later.

It was slow for me too, but our great kernel guys pointed me to this
and with it applied it works ok, maybe its still needed for 2.6.32-rc6

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at