Problem with development kernel tree (openmoko kernel.git)

mobi phil mobi at
Tue Apr 13 10:53:25 CEST 2010

> Hello, I am trying to clone the development kernel tree (kernel.git)
> from, but I am getting an error.
> rafa at nodo3:~/openmoko$ git clone git://
> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/rafa/openmoko/linux-2.6/.git/
> remote: Counting objects: 1395614, done.
> remote: fatal: Out of memory? mmap failed: Cannot allocate memory
> remote: aborting due to possible repository corruption on the remote side.
> fatal: early EOF
> fatal: index-pack failed
> Do you know how to fix / go further?
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Rafael Ignacio Zurita
> I had recently a similar problem with another repo. In my case I was behind
a firewall and the firewall did timed out in downloading one of the git
packs (huge files ~200MB). I can imagine that linux packs are > than 300MB.

mobi phil

being mobile, but including technology