Problem of kernel compilation with custom configuration file

ZHANG Xiaofei xiaofei.zhang at etu.upmc.fr
Wed Apr 28 20:46:00 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I tried to follow the introduction from wiki to compile my kernel with the
sctp supporting.

after copy the default configuration file

$ cp ./arch/arm/configs/gta02_moredrivers_defconfig GTA02/.config

I modified the lines of sctp supporting :

CONFIG_IP_SCTP=y
CONFIG_SCTP_DBG_MSG=y
CONFIG_SCTP_DBG_OBJCNT=y
# CONFIG_SCTP_HMAC_NONE is not set
# CONFIG_SCTP_HMAC_SHA1 is not set
CONFIG_SCTP_HMAC_MD5=y

Until now, it's ok, but after I run ./build GTA02. The configuration file
"GTA02/.config" is changed and the line CONFIG_IP_SCTP got into m (module).

I cannot find which script modified the configuration file.

Any developer can tell me how to custom the kernel? Thanks.

Best regards,

Xiaofei