Collection of patches for om-gta02-2.6.34

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 07:31:36 CEST 2010

2010/8/26 Riccardo Magliocchetti <riccardo.magliocchetti at gmail.com>:
> - There's a lot of random patches available in trac and ml that have not
> been applied. That's bad too. The cause for this _may_ be that only larsc
> has write access. If is not possible to extend write access,

It is still possible to get new write access to git.openmoko.org [1].
I actually got one since I had an idea of trying to make a branch of
andy-tracking to something like 2.6.29-endusers. In the end I ended up
just committing to Debian's legacy pkg-fso 2.6.29 kernel branch. There
would be the job of applying 2.6.29rc3 -> 2.6.29.6 patch over our
2.6.29 [2], and I actually tried it but couldn't get rid of some
kernel panic at a quick try. The patch has really few conflicts.

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Openmoko:Community_Portal#Git_Servers
[2] http://users.tkk.fi/~tajyrink/moko/2.6.29rc3-2.6.29.6.xz

> If something is wrong / missing, please shout :)

Well, in the case of Debian it was just recently noted [3] that it
would be best to concentrate efforts so that FreeRunner support could
become official part of Debian kernel. Therefore it's AFAIK
recommended to work on the s3c24xx branch [4], which doesn't boot yet
either. It's part of Thibaut Girka's Google SoC, debian-installer
support [5].

[3] http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-fso-maint/2010-August/003370.html
[4] http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-fso/kernel.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/s3c24xx
[5] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2010/CrossbuildDebianInstaller/ThibautGirka