kernel defconfig, debugging, preemption, and very noticeable speedups

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 09:44:51 CET 2010

2010/2/16 Patryk Benderz <Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl>:
> any hint on how to scp tarball to FR if my USB connection is already
> lost? Suppose I need to flash old kernel for this transfer to succeed?

I usually use Bluetooth or WLAN even when I have USB working. As for
Bluetooth, I setup personal area network with pand --listen --role NAP
--master --autozap, see
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Sharing_existing_Neo.27s_connection.
It does help though if you have scripted it properly before losing the
USB connection... for me it's two finger touches and one click on the
computer. With WLAN, you should be able to scp to the IP address Neo
receives from the WLAN access point.

-Timo