kernel defconfig, CONFIG_MTD_NAND_VERIFY_WRITE

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Wed Jan 6 20:15:01 CET 2010

В Срд, 06/01/2010 в 13:53 -0500, Nelson Castillo пишет:
> On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 3:57 PM, Gennady Kupava <gb at bsdmn.com> wrote:
> > Hi, patryk
> >
> > В Срд, 06/01/2010 в 16:16 +0100, Patryk Benderz пишет:
> >> >
> >> Well, if this test was repeated several times with similar results, it
> >> might be worth to disable this option IMHO. Only one thing makes me
> >> dither. Will this be safe?
> >
> > I am not 100% sure, as I am not mtd dev, but in other configs have this
> > option sometimes disabled. also we have some kind of hw ecc.
>
> I don't know the details but HW ecc is disabled in the FR.
>
> static struct s3c2410_platform_nand gta02_nand_info = {
>         .tacls          = 0,
>         .twrph0         = 25,
>         .twrph1         = 15,
>         .nr_sets        = ARRAY_SIZE(gta02_nand_sets),
>         .sets           = gta02_nand_sets,
>         .software_ecc   = 1,
> };
>
> Check drivers/mtd/nand/s3c2410.c if in doubt.

First, Paul already committed patch,

second,

strange, but in config it is enabled:
CONFIG_MTD_NAND_S3C2410_HWECC=y

CONFIG_MTD_NAND_S3C2410_HWECC:
Enable the use of the S3C2410's internal ECC generator when
using NAND. Early versions of the chip have had problems with
incorrect ECC generation, and if using these, the default of
software ECC is preferable.

even more interesting, why it is disabled? according to datasheet
SC32442B have one. next thing for investigation.

gennady