kernel defconfig, debugging, preemption, and very noticeable speedups/ debugging

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Sat Jan 9 21:06:25 CET 2010

Vasco Nevoa <vasco.nevoa at> writes:
> Please remove debugging stuff from kernel ASAP.

I suspect that the most useful debugging features (that should be in
kernels all users are using) add no overhead at all.

So please show me why you think _all_ debugging features should be
disabled and not just a subset that is responsible for the slowdown.

Without that i'm not taking the responsibility to remove anything,

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at