kernel defconfig, debugging, preemption, and very noticeable speedups

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at
Tue Jan 12 14:53:41 CET 2010

Dnia 2010-10-07, czw o godzinie 01:22 +0400, Gennady Kupava pisze:
> hi all, next bunch of kernel config changes.
> i did series of tests with lmbench disable next part of performance-wise
> options in kernel config. I archived very fast result. For example, top
> average CPU usage were dropped down from 3.2% with default config kernel
> to 1.6% average.
[cut details]
Hi Genady, Werner,
you might be interested in some _possible_ bugs revealed after
installing kernel with debug options turned off. Thomas HOCEDEZ should
be asked for this, details(or rather lack of details) are in thread:

Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521
/\   - against proprietary attachments

Email secured by Check Point