kernel defconfig, debugging, preemption, and very noticeable speedups

pbondo pba at mailme.dk
Fri Jan 15 22:43:46 CET 2010

As a notable side effect of this change my "missed calls" has gone ..........
missing.

No seriously I have been having quite a lot of problems with missed calls.
With phone unplugged (USB) and suspended every 3 or 4 call and SMS was not
received. The phone would resume, but would not ring. The SMS would be
received later on retransmission, but obviously the phone calls where lost.

I have assumed the problem is http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1376.

Today I simply took the files at
http://www.bsdmn.com/openmoko/andy_nodebug_nopreempt/ and copied them onto a
SHR-U and rebooted.

Following this I have sent 25+ SMS and 15+ phone calls to the suspended
Openmoko phone and not a single one has been lost.

In the process I have lost sound and USB connection, but I am sure there is
a reasonable explanation for that.

It would be nice if somebody suffering from the same problem could confirm
this. I believe this is a common problem.

Thanks!