gta02_drm_defconfig not useful with om-gta02-2.6.32

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Tue Jul 13 12:26:18 CEST 2010

Am 07.07.2010 15:21, schrieb Martin Jansa:
> On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 03:04:51PM +0200, Fox Mulder wrote:
>> Am 07.07.2010 13:51, schrieb Patryk Benderz:
>>> [cut]
>>> Yeah, that would be helpful, but someone who knows how to do it
>>> properly, has to step up.
>>
>> Yesterday i updated the om wiki at [1] how to build the 2.6.32 kernel
>> with drm patches. Most of the information came from Paul Fertser (tnx).
>> The procedure worked for me and i could boot latest shr-u without
>> problems. But some of the steps could be optimized quite a bit because
>> sometimes i didn't know how to do it "better". :)
>
> I have updated this entry now with "a bit" faster and easier way to
> apply patches.

I tried your new way of merging the patches from the wiki but it didn't
work for me. I did

git remote add gitorious
git at gitorious.org:~jama/htc-msm-2-6-32/openmoko-kernel.git

which seemed to work but after

git merge gitorious/om-gta02-2.6.32

i got an error message like

fatal: 'gitorious/om-gta02-2.6.32' does not point to a commit

Now what had gone wrong?

Ciao,
     Rainer