Upstreaming (offer to help)

Thibaut Girka thib at sitedethib.com
Mon Jun 14 17:02:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

Le jeudi 10 juin 2010 à 18:19 +0200, Lars-Peter Clausen a écrit :
> Well, the only driver that would qualify for staging is the glamo
> driver. But I'm not sure if it really makes sense to put it into
> staging. The only known HW platform using the glamo is the Freerunner.

That's a valid point.

> And the current distributions for the Freerunner build the kernel from
> the openmoko git kernel tree anyway.

Some people (and I'm one of them) are running Debian on their FreeRunner
and would like to have everything needed in the official Debian archive.

However, Debian builds every kernel from the same source, so, the
openmoko git kernel tree won't ever be used for any official Debian
kernel.

Having glamo and jbt upstream would benefit to Debian, and maybe other
distributions.
The drivers would probably benefit from more exposure, too.

Best regards,
Thibaut Girka.