Porting AR6000 drivers to a netbook?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 22:29:46 CET 2010

Robert Bruce <rbruce at phidgets.com> writes:
> I have an AR6001 SDIO WIFI card with 2.0.1 firmware that I'm
> attempting to get work on an Acer Aspire One laptop running Ubuntu
> Netbook Remix 9.10, 2.6.30-6 kernel.

Be warned that the chip is utter crap anyway, so do not get your hopes
high. As to the driver, it might have some timing problems in
initilisation phase, try patch from [1] if you see that.

Is your particular device added to the list sdio_ar6000_ids[] in
hif2.c? Also try to enable various debugging messages (different
methods needed for different driver parts).

[1] https://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2327

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com