[Shr-Devel] Security features of SHR

Shaz shazalive at gmail.com
Sat May 29 08:21:53 CEST 2010

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 2:59 AM, Timo Juhani Lindfors
<timo.lindfors at iki.fi> wrote:
> Shaz <shazalive at gmail.com> writes:
>> some change in the kernel. I still have no idea why. Is the root
>
> One kernel change that is needed is
>
> #2321 any user can run wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf
> http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket//2321

Are you sure it needs a change in kernel because I believe that if
only one user (root) is allowed to change that and the rest are not
allowed to run wmiconfig then there is no issue. This can be done by
both Linux DAC and LSM based SELinux policy. It's about who owns
wmiconfig and who has privilege to run it. Why will kernel need to be
changed?

--
Shaz