jitterless touchscreen input in .34 [working proof of concept]

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Thu Oct 21 22:11:08 CEST 2010

В Чтв, 21/10/2010 в 22:04 +0200, Radek Polak пишет:

> you deserve some very high place in openmoko hall of fame for your work.
> Tested the patch and i am also happy to confirm that it works.

Hi, Radek.

If should be done better:

a. this patch links glamo to ts, this should be done in different way.
It should do proper locking and allocating of glamo resourse.
b. It should save current register setting.
c. It is possible to avoid waiting completely and probably get less
jitter but setting s3c timer to wait specific time calculated based on
current x-y position and pixclock rate.
d. It also highlight some strange behaviour of s3c ts then it is touched
too gently - it sometimes generates events diagonally moved to corner
relative to correct position.

Because of all this i bet it has even inplemented well it has less
chances to be merged upstream one day than kernel filtering driver. But
this solution is without any doubt much better than userspace filtering
or without any filtering. If p. (c) is implemented, this will be better
than any filtering without doubts.

And now, as this conceptual hack put me so high to hall of fame, i
consider i can cast 3 simple wishes for qtmoko ;) :

1. i wish compiled-in guid partition table type into kernel;
2. i wish xfs module to kernel (as ubifs is comressed fs, it should not
eat too much space);
3. i wish 100HZ patch included to qtmoko
(http://www.bsdmn.com/openmoko/kernel/0001-Use-100-as-HZ-value-on-S3C24XX.patch)

Regards,
Gennady