HZ value change groundings (Was: jitterless touchscreen input in .34) + FCSE question

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Mon Oct 25 11:14:12 CEST 2010

[cut]
> Pros:
> 1. Stay more in IDLE state. (less power consumption)
> 2. If several tasks are active, do 2 times less context switches (and
> our context switches are expensive). Do not think it will be 'slow'.
> This is not applied to all tasks - but only to CPU bound ones.
Hi Gennady,
each time you come with such a news, it makes me wonder how much more
can be done to make FR run faster? :)

[cut]
> I did lmbenching and found that difference is few percent, but still
> noticeable.
Remember: small performance gain here, small there, and nex year it will
be twice faster :)

BTW, can you tell me if FCSE is already enabled in some recent kernel
available for mere mortal users? If so, how can one check it?
--
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521