HZ value change groundings (Was: jitterless touchscreen input in .34) + FCSE question

Patryk Benderz Patryk.Benderz at esp.pl
Mon Oct 25 11:14:12 CEST 2010

> Pros:
> 1. Stay more in IDLE state. (less power consumption)
> 2. If several tasks are active, do 2 times less context switches (and
> our context switches are expensive). Do not think it will be 'slow'.
> This is not applied to all tasks - but only to CPU bound ones.
Hi Gennady,
each time you come with such a news, it makes me wonder how much more
can be done to make FR run faster? :)

> I did lmbenching and found that difference is few percent, but still
> noticeable.
Remember: small performance gain here, small there, and nex year it will
be twice faster :)

BTW, can you tell me if FCSE is already enabled in some recent kernel
available for mere mortal users? If so, how can one check it?
Patryk "LeadMan" Benderz
Linux Registered User #377521