[Qtmoko] qtmoko v28 (was: HZ value change groundings)

Gennady Kupava gb at bsdmn.com
Tue Oct 26 17:48:30 CEST 2010

В Втр, 26/10/2010 в 09:36 +0200, Radek Polak пишет:

> Hi Gennady,
> it's done now, i hope i did it ok.
>
> http://github.com/radekp/linux-2.6/tree/qtmoko-v29
>
> Radek

Radek, execellent, thanks!

Now i can use this tree as basis for any experiments/fixes as it seem
has all essential patches I used.

I'll build it soon and start using it for main phone distro (qtmoko v28)
and for my debian on sd.

I want to say, now worst problem with my freerunner is not speed but few
remaining bugs.

So far, i can report few serous problems noticed in v28 (sorry), just
for record. I can live with em. (My qtmoko is with udev, u-boot with
2-4-2).

1. (?) I can't shutdown device via power-button menu. Poweroff from ssh
works just fine.

2. (ubifs?) Almost each time i am doing unclean shutdown (including
after p.1) something weird happens - it resets my theme, show me green
welcome screen, but do not ask for calibration. So i bet some files
geting lost/corrupted. But fs does not look corrupted. I should notice,
once i had same thing with jffs2. I lost my messages btw. Really major
problem, but somehow i think this is not ubifs problems. I've read on
it's site that is it designed to handle hard-resets with adequate
results.

3. (suspend) Once it didn't resume (on manual resume with power button)
without any visible reason (it were at home). I didn't tried to ping.
(it made me sad)

4. (GSM) Once it were unable to set proper alsa(?) settings from GSM
call which were recieved while suspend. Phone resume, show incoming call
properly, but i were unable to hear anything. I didn't test GSM after
that.

5. really unsure: may be also something wrong with GPS. Seem it works
well after boot, but after resume it had problems to get fix. But same
were in .29.

But yeah, finally temperature-dependent WSOD should be forget and closed
forewer. I used in on the street where is quite cold now, and my
previous qtmoko got 100% constant, reliable, unrecoverable WS.

ubifs works well i think, and overall system is very usable. For a few
days i had to use phone in very heavy way and were completely happy how
did it perform (expect 1 case of p.4).

Gennady.