State of upstreaming?

Thibaut Girka thib at sitedethib.com
Fri Sep 24 10:58:57 CEST 2010

Le mardi 21 septembre 2010 à 20:23 +0200, Radek Polak a écrit :
> Hi,
Hi!

> I have been using 2.6.34 kernel for a few days in qtmoko distribution and i
> like how it works. If no serious regressions are found i would like to abandon
> 2.6.29 for qtmoko.

Nice! :)

> But it would be nice to have more drivers upstream. It would be easier to
> track reggressions and i think open hardware phone deserves to be in upstream.
>
> Is anybody working on upstreaming now? Can i help somehow?

I was, but now, I'm really busy with various stuff.
I'll try to work a bit on it, though (I think I've a few patches waiting
to be pushed/mailed, I'll take care of that this evening).

Wolfgang Denk (who I've added to CC, just in case) was interested in
this too, and opened a git repo for this purpose.

If you want to do some kernel hacking, you can read Samuel's review[1]
on the glamo-core patch and see how to address the remaining issues
(I'll post some patches to fix the cosmetic ones this evening).

[1]: http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/8/18/171

Regards,
Thibaut Girka.